The Day of the DOZEN
I did not realize, or never thought very deeply about the significance of 12 in our world. Lets take a quick look.
What does 12 mean: Two remaining after taking ten, or twalif “two-leftover”.
Facts about 12.
The volume we listen to Preschool of Rock music. The number of times we listen to Preschool of Rock records in the car (sorry Moms and Dads!). Ok, now some real facts –
• 12 is noon, 12 is midnight.
• 12 months in a year
• 12 inches in a foot
• 12 zodiac signs.
• We have 12 cranial nerves in our body
• 12 pairs of ribs.
• The atomic number of Magnesium is 12.
• 12 is the maximum speed of winds in a hurricane according to the Beaufort scale.
• In Orthodox Judaism, 12 is the year of maturity.
Religion: What a huge number for many religions. There were 12 legitamate successors of Muhammad, Twelve Olympians, Twelve tribes of Israel, 12 apostles of Jesus, 12 Rebel princes of King Arthur, the sun god Surya has 12 names. This is just the tip of the iceberg – and there were twelve icebergs (just kidding).
Sports: Famous athletes wearing the # 12?
Wade Boggs, Joe Namath, Roger Staubach, Terry Bradshaw.
The 12-inch single is a vinyl record format.